Traktion is offering free 20-min Growth Marketing Consultancy sessions to help companies craft their digital marketing strategy during these challenging times.
Sign up with your email.
Explain how COVID-19 has affected your growth and revenues.
Within 24 hours, receive a personalised plan with:
• 3 actionable insights for your growth strategy
• COVID-19's impact on your industry, and
• Competitor analysis
• Ready for search. Update your Google My Business listings to signal that your online sales channels are operating as usual, even if your physical retail channels might be closed or have reduced operating hours, so customers are redirected properly when they search for your service/product.
• Update your store & socials. Make a post on your social channels and add a site-wide popup banner. Explain that you are operating as usual, taking precautions, and that customers should expect delivery delays due to production delays or courier logistics bottlenecks.
• Do NOT send an email simply to tell people you are open. The time has passed for companies to reassure customers that you are still open. Chances are your SaaS or ecommerce company is simply irrelevant to the crisis, and you piling on yet another mailer into busy inboxes will likely lead to frustrated unsubscribes.
• Contextualise your communications. Take a more calm, reassuring tone in your communications. If you need to send a mailer, consider providing a freebie such as discounts or gift coupon, or announcing new relevant products.
• Free Google Ad Credits. Google is providing free Google Ad Credits for SMEs who have advertised with Google since the beginning of 2019. Total sum of $340m to give away until end 2020. Learn more here.
• Facebook Small Business Grants. Facebook is providing $100m in free cash grants and ad credits to small businesses affected by the global outbreak. Learn more here.
• Support from us. Traktion has compiled a list of free remote working tools for startups, and we're also offering our Smart Dashboard for free as a 'mission control' for your company during these tough times.
The content you create for your existing clients and prospects can also be repurposed to get more leads.
Now is a great time to use quality content to scale up your future prospecting lists.
To convert content views into leads, do this:
• 1. Create quality content in a PDF: Focus on creating quality, niche content not found elsewhere, e.g. a guide to adjust business strategy for your niche. Package it as a PDF with beautiful graphics.
• 2. Set up a landing page: Create a dedicated landing page that explains how great this toolkit is for your niche.
• 3. Implement pixels: Add your pixels from Facebook (B2B, B2C), LinkedIn Insights Tag (B2B), and set up your Google Tag Manager. This is so you can track who has visited the site, and you can retarget them with ads in the future.
• 4. Require an email to download: Ask for an email address to download the toolkit. Send the user to a link to download this toolkit via a service like MailChimp or SendGrid.
• 5. Upload these emails on Facebook: In the coming weeks/months, use these emails to build Lookalike Audiences on Facebook to run ads. Aim for 800 to 1,000 emails. This "seed" email list allows you to target people of similar profiles with future ads.
The outcome? You get to retarget people who have visited your site, and you also get to build a wider Lookalike Audience based on the initial interest.
The importance of creating content for your own niche can't be overstated. If you go too broad, you'll waste money as your pixel data and Lookalike Audience will show your ads to those who are not your ideal customers.
For B2B companies, most have completely or substantially cut ad spend, unless in niches specifically related to remote working.
Most B2B companies have now adopted a content-first strategy for their marketing.
However, after the deluge of COVID-19 ops emails, we're now faced with a wave of webinars nobody asked for. Webinars are good for curated specialist content, and if you already have a strong community.
But nobody needs another webinar for "10 Tips to Work From Home".
Always remember to prioritise quality over quantity.
Adjust your B2B comms as follows:
• Add value to existing clients: To optimise your content distribution, use it for customer success and existing leads in your pipeline. Have your Sales team send these materials to leads and clients as a blogpost or PDF.
• No hard selling, no cold calls, and minimise cold emails.
• Adjust your tone for the climate. Be succinct, respectful and clear.
Register for a complimentary 20-min COVID-19 marketing consultancy session.Reserve Your Spot →
TRAKTION'S NETWORK OF DIGITAL MARKETERS HAVE EXPERIENCE FROM